Tantrum Fix is a comprehensive method to gently tame meltdowns and to teach young children how to self-regulate their emotions using a specialized, portable kit that contains everything parents and kids need to ride the storm of any tantrum.
What's in each tantrum-taming kit?
- Our comprehensive booklet, detailing our method step-by-step for parents and caregivers. You will find simple guidelines with easy-to-implement strategies that work.
- The sweetest book for your child to read at bedtime - that teaches them about their emotions and how to self-regulate. This book will walk them through our method and explains why sometimes tantrums happen and concrete ideas on how to overcome them.
- A set of exclusive flashcards created to teach young children both verbal and nonverbal different self-regulation strategies. These visual flashcards will help your child when they are very upset and they can't express what's going on- in them, they will find easy techniques to calm down, which are also explained in the book you have been reading at night.
- A magical calm-down sensory bottle, to help your child calm and refocus. As your little one shakes the calming bottle, the sparkles will swirl and settle into place within approximately 2 minutes, offering a calming activity to re-set.
- A sensory magnetic puzzle, appealing to a broad age range - that helps refocus the mind. This portable and easy to play maze works with your child's brain in a very calming way.
- High-quality Bubbles - Teaching deep breathing techniques to young children can be a little tricky - and that's why we love using the act of blowing bubbles as a fun and simple way to demo this exercise.
- The softest cuddling lovey, that helps calm little ones and relieves tension and anxiety. This is destined to become your child's best friend.
- A drawing set for your child to draw about their feelings and express what made them upset in the first place. Non-verbal or very upset children can have a hard time explaining their emotions to their parents and caregivers. Research shows that through art those emotions come out much easier. Have your little ones draw about what made them upset in the first place... and also what could help them feel better.
- Extra space for your own kid’s special items.
This kit will help you to:
⤏ Learn why children tantrum.
⤏ Learn how to prevent tantrums and meltdowns.
⤏ Teach your little one how to self-regulate.
⤏ Have confidence as a parent.
⤏ Effectively communicate with your children to get the outcomes you need.
⤏ Set an effective calming space for your children to go release steam and appropriately channel their big emotions.
Is this a time-out?
This is definitely NOT a time-out or another form of punishment.
Why do time-outs and punishments don't work specifically for tantrums?
We believe there's a big difference between true misbehavior and an emotional outburst.
Punishing a child for expressing their emotions only teaches them to shut down... which will eventually backfire. Your little one will only feel more pain and won't learn from this experience.
Little kids need us to teach them what they are feeling, helping label what they experience and to give them tools to appropriately channel their big emotions.
Building a calming corner alongside with your child provides a wonderful opportunity for you as a caregiver to teach invaluable emotional intelligence lessons that will affect all sort of areas of their development later in life.
Rather than a time-out, a calming corner is a safe space your child will love building and using whenever they feel upset, angry, disappointed, anxious, scared or frustrated.
Time-outs and other forms of discipline should only be used when a child does something wrong completely on purpose (for example, a child hits/kicks their little sibling knowing it will hurt).
What happens after I read the book and build the calming space?
Your child will know what to do and will naturally reach for this magical space and its calming objects until it isn't needed anymore :)
It is important that you continue reading the book and keep the calming space fresh and exciting, re-decorating it from time to time, adding/removing items. This is a rewarding journey that will pay off in so many other areas of your child's development.
Will this work for my child?
Yes! Teaching emotions to our children will not only help through tantrums, but it will also strengthen your relationship with them and you will see how over time they start listening better, which will, in turn, improve your family dynamics on many levels.
Here's how to tell you if need professional intervention and who to call.
Is this a subscription?
Not at all! One time only - you won't need anything else :)
Is this suitable to stop tantrums in kids with autism?
Tantrum fix is also suitable to use for children on the autism spectrum as all children highly benefit from increasing their ability to recognize and express emotions. Tantrum fix uses visuals to help teach self-regulation and increase emotional awareness.
Should I get the regular size or the siblings pack?
If you have more than one little one going through their tough tantrum phase, you can choose to get a single box and build together a calming corner that anybody can use when needed (similar to how this would work on a preschool/school setting) or you can choose to buy a special box for siblings that comes with some of the sensory elements duplicated, to avoid your kids fighting over them. This is a personal preference - you know your kids best.
If you have more than 2 kids and would love a custom box, please email us at email@example.com and we will build a pack just for you.
How does it work in school settings?
Tantrum Fix is being used in Daycares, Preschools and also several Elementary school classrooms.
Very similarly to managing tantrums at home, the idea is to introduce the book at circle time and start discussing tantrums with your young students. You will then build a special calming corner with the elements in your Tantrum Fix box and direct your children there for an effective reset. Your children will eventually learn the concept and take themselves to your calming area for a quick soothing moment.
If you would like to purchase Tantrum Fix for your classroom, please indicate so in the notes at checkout and we will send you special guidelines for you.